Here’s Why Engagement Is Becoming An Important Way Of Evaluating Social Networks
- Social is now the top Internet activity: Americans now spend more time on social media than on any other major Internet activity, including email.
- Social-mobile rules: 60% or so of social media time is spent not on desktop computers but on smartphones and tablets.
- Facebook has a monster lead in engagement: Facebook is a terrific absorber of audiences’ time and attention, with an exponential lead over the other social networks. Instagram comes in second and Twitter third on desktop and smartphone combined.
- Pinterest, Tumblr and LinkedIn have made major successful pushes in 2013 to increase engagement on their mobile sites and apps. The new race in social media is not for audience per se, but for multi-device engagement.
- Multi-device social media: Our analysis is based on BI Intelligence’s social media Engagement Index, which compares the effectiveness of social networks in keeping individual users engaged across smartphones and desktop PCs (for an explanation of the Index, sign up for instant access to BI Intelligence).
[break_line border_color=”#f21616″ /]
[pmc_image link=”https://www.themediabeast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/just-anothe-example.jpg” image=”https://www.themediabeast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/just-anothe-example.jpg” animated=”fadeInLeft” icon=”fa-picture-o”]Your content…[/pmc_image][pmc_image link=”https://www.themediabeast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/just-anothe-example.jpg” image=”https://www.themediabeast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Facebook-Formula.jpg” animated=”fadeInLeft” icon=”fa-picture-o”]
[info icon=”fa-info-circle”]Creating Stimulating Engagement is the key to Social Media Marketing….We can help![/info]